Resume Tips & Guidelines
Get Noticed: How To Craft A Great Resume
A great resume can get you noticed, and often opens the door to an in-person meeting.
There are many different ways to create your resume and one way isn’t necessarily better than another. What is important to realize is that your audience needs to be excited enough about your profile to want an in-person meeting.
Tips to a successful resume:
- Remember that a Hiring manager’s time is valuable – don’t ask them to review an unnecessarily long resume that doesn’t match their particular need.
- Your resume is a summary of your professional background – keep it to 2 pages or less.
- For each position listed, describe your role in one sentence and highlight specific, measurable achievements.
- Be honest about your experience and educational background – they WILL be verified
- Do NOT include personal information – such as marital status, driver’s license #, social security number, age, etc.
- Do NOT include references on the resume – provide references separately.
- Do NOT include salary information on the resume – provide your salary history separately.
- Keep it concise and specific to the position for which you are applying.
If you are ever in doubt, contact your Milliner & Associates recruiter for advice. We have a tremendous amount of experience, and understand what hiring managers are looking for in a prospective candidates resume.
For more information, CONTACT US, or call your recruiter at (317) 218-1195.