The role of the Collection Representative is to support the Credit and Collections team with order approval and collection of customer Accounts Receivable (AR) balances for all business units.
- This role will fulfill all the support responsibilities relating to the active collection and follow-up of a portfolio of 1 -3,000 customer accounts with balances between $500 and $50,000,000 based upon the individual portfolio.
- Setting priorities based upon the individual account portfolio, hitting targets, ensuring completion of collections that remain consistent with departmental policies and procedures.
- Support the business in all new company acquisitions and business transformation by review monthly statements to ascertain that they are correct and that problems are promptly detected and rectified.
- Recommend write-offs, agency referrals, extensions of terms, and credit limit increases to Credit Management as defined in the Credit and Collection Procedure.
- Respond to customer inquiries and take appropriate actions to deliver world class service every time.
- Experience using customer services databases, CRM, online receivables system for cash application, performing collections, recording comments, order release
- Must be proficient in all MS Office programs including Excel to an advanced level, Word and Outlook
- Highly self-motivated, organized and a team player
- Ability to prioritize, complete tasks in a timely and accurate manner with administrative experience required in a position that involved strong attention to detail
- Effectively communicates while developing and maintaining collaborative working relationships.
Education and Experience:
- Three years plus Accounts Receivable and collection experience, including large volume customer accounts
- Degree in a relevant field such as Accounting or Finance would be desirable but not essential.