||Administrative Support Specialist
As a member of the Administrative Services department, this role provides administrative support services for both the Senior VP of Finance (CFO) and VP of Information Systems and their respective departments of Accounting and IT. Administrative support is offered to all members of the Association Office as required.
- Support the Senior VP of Finance and VP of Information Systems in scheduling and time maintenance activities; handles routine requests and questions.
- Maintains rosters, prepares meeting/conference materials, and makes necessary meeting arrangements. This includes the preparation of agendas and making travel arrangements.
- Process all incoming and outgoing correspondence and communication for the Senior VP of Finance and VP of Information Systems. Opens mail, reads it for action, responds to routine requests, and highlights due dates.
- Safeguard the confidentiality of information received.
- Functional Expertise: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
- Quality Results: Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for staff and members.
- Communication: Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively.
- Project Management: Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work, and actively participates in meetings.
- Relationships: Builds rapport and relates well to others.
- Decision Making: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another.
Education and Experience:
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of two years previous experience as an administrative assistant in a corporate environment requiring management of multiple tasks, a high-level of confidentiality, and a professional customer-service approach to working with internal and external customers.
- Willing and able to problem-solve without being prompted.
- Possession of strong verbal and written communication skills, which include clear and concise writing with exceptional attention to detail and proofreading skills.
- Extensive experience in Microsoft’s Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Publisher, PowerPoint, and Excel).
- Demonstrated organizational skills, records management, and time management.
- Capable of recording and compiling meeting minutes, planning travel and events, and working as a member of a team of administrative professionals.
- Must have a professional presentation of self.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift, carry, or stack materials weighing 40 pounds.
- Ability to kneel.
- Ability to bend at the waist.
- Ability to demonstrate and lead activities.
- Ability to reason and solve problems.
- Ability to make sound judgment and decisions.
- Ability to communicate with employees, volunteers, & community members effectively.
- Physically and mentally able to respond to emergencies.