||Indianapolis, IN (West side)
Responsible for the accounting of our clients current and future foreign operations, currently including Mexico, Europe, South Africa and China JV. Responsible for accurate and timely financial statement close each month, internal reporting for consolidation, and controls documentation in areas of responsibility.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reconciling inventory in foreign locations
- Tracking intercompany shipments
- Computing and entering transfer prices into the ERP system
- Reconciling and initiating payment to Mexican Customs Broker
- Booking required journal entries for payroll, accruals, etc.
- Reconciling foreign bank accounts
- Coding A/P invoices for foreign operations
- Initiating wire transfer payments to foreign vendors
- Accounting for foreign currency translation and transactions
- Preparing account reconciliations
- Working with foreign accounting firms to compile and provide information for statutory, tax and other filings
- Preparing analysis of actual results versus budget and/or forecast and other ad hoc analysis as required
- Liaison with customer service and logistics, as required, to ensure proper accounting transactions
- Assisting in designing and implementing new processes as international operations expand
- Assisting International Accounting Manager in developing processes, systems and abilities to insource some of the local country transactional accounting work currently outsourced
- Other accounting close activities as assigned
- S. in Accounting
- 3+ years of work experience
- Prior experience with international accounting is a plus
- Some understanding of Spanish is preferred
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills to effectively work with individuals from all areas of the company.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills required
- Ability to define problems, identify solutions and follow through to completion
- Career focused, self-motivated, and energetic with a strong work ethic plus the desire to work in a fast-changing environment
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Advanced proficiency in use of MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook).
- Experience in integrated accounting systems – JD Edwards, SAP, etc