||Cost Accountant Manager
Milliner & Associates, LLC is one of Indiana’s finest Accounting, Finance, Administrative and Human Resource specialized staffing firms. As specialized recruiters, we conduct searches for every imaginable accounting, finance and human resource function at every level. We distinguish ourselves with the one-on-one relationships we develop with everyone we serve. Our past and future growth is as strong as the partnerships we build with our candidates and clients.
Our client is seeking a Cost Manager who will serve as the finance lead for major product development efforts of the company.
- Provide analysis, costing, and business analysis of new product development projects.
- Perform studies and analysis, as required for setting standards for material, labor and overhead.
- Provide monthly forecasting for inventory. Perform Monthly and Quarterly review of obsolete and slow moving inventory.
- Ensure the production of timely, accurate and relevant financial reports to plant management in order to facilitate understanding and analysis of the business and business opportunities.
- Help drive the annual planning process.
- Be a key communication source for the business for all questions and information requests coming from all levels of the organization.
- Proficiency with BOM’s and labor routings.
- Ensure that accounting practices are in compliance with all relevant accounting standards, state and federal regulations and company values and practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business required.
- Professional certification (CPA/CMA) and/or MBA a plus.
- Minimum of 8 years experience in financial management and in cost accounting.
- Manufacturing experience required.
Job Specific Knowledge and other Key Competencies:
- Manufacturing and costing experience required.
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills.
- Strong collaboration skills across multiple disciplines and must be a team player.
- Demonstrated excellent oral, written, presentation, and interpersonal skills to all levels of the organization.
- Must be detailed-oriented and deadline sensitive. Must be proficient in the use of standard software programs and Excel/Access.