||Indianapolis, IN (West Side)
||Oil & Energy
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Handle requests for purchases of all packages.
- Prepare purchase orders and send copies to suppliers and to departments originating requests
- Determine if inventory quantities are sufficient for needs or upcoming demands, ordering more materials when necessary. Inventory orders done by others currently. Perform buying duties
- Respond to Customer Advocate and Production Manager about order status for on time, changes, or issues.
- Contact suppliers in order to schedule or expedite deliveries and to resolve shortages, missed or late deliveries, and other problems. Objective is to have material here 2 weeks before green dot date.
- Handle questions and concerns about merchandise – on time and quality. Track purchases from order placement until it arrives in hands of order placer to ensure package arrives on time.
- Verify package meets all customer specifications and customer is satisfied.
- Notify appropriate department for confirmation of all parts being on time.
- Prepare the invitation-to-bid forms and distribute.
- Compare prices and expected delivery dates proposed by suppliers.
- Choose the best bid.
- Compile records of items purchased or transferred between departments, prices, deliveries, and inventories. Determine cause of any delays en-route.
- Match purchase orders with shipment.
- Work upfront when projects are sold to find best vendor for price point and matching specs prior to Engineering submitter to customer.
- Sourcing/Procurement background with buyer level responsibility
- Must be comfortable working with ambiguity with an emphasis on reducing it
- Strong negotiation skills
- Experience with contract drafting/revisions
- Excellent oral/written communication
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, Outlook