|Position Type:||Direct Hire|
Overview of Responsibilities:
Coordinate and assist in completing various activities for the Firm’s attorneys for all types of business organizations and maintenance of company records; such as such as updating client files, preparing legal documents and correspondence, preparing resolutions, agreements, and meeting minutes.
Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Adobe Acrobat Pro and PowerPoint, and a good working knowledge of computers is critical to success in this position. This position requires knowledge of legal, secretarial, and office practices.
Essential Responsibilities / Duties:
• Prepare and format charter documents for all types of business organizations including, for profit and nonprofit corporations, limited liability companies, and partnerships; which include, but are not limited to, the drafting of articles, bylaws, operating agreements, meeting minutes, resolutions, stock certificates, stock ledgers, and maintenance of company records.
• Preparation of all types of business filings with Indiana Secretary of State.
• Prepare audit response letters on behalf of the firm, as requested by the client.
• Preparing deeds, promissory notes, contracts, including lease or rental agreements and closing documents
• Monitoring financial transactions and foreclosures
• Preparing legal descriptions of land; locating and reviewing title reports
• Manage the coordination of complex document preparation; ensure all attachments, exhibits and enclosures are intact.
• Proficiency with reviewing and proof-reading documents to ensure appropriate formatting, grammar, punctuation and spelling.
• Proficient at electronic (and paper) filing and service to appropriate parties, courts and regulatory agencies.
• Conduct research, download (or otherwise obtain copies) and summarize orders issued by courts and regulatory authorities.
• Transcribe dictation, type from handwritten or other drafts while complying with the firm’s standards of form, accuracy, neatness and speed.