||Human Resources Generalist
Our Northside client is searching for a Temp to Hire HR Generalist to performs human resources related duties in the following functional areas: payroll, benefits, recruiting, employee relations, training, and development. Reports directly to and supports the Director of Human Resources in implementing human resource policies and procedures. This individual will be expected to set an example for staff in terms of work ethic, excellent internal customer service, proactive safety adherence, understanding the impact of actions and decisions to the bottom line and attitude towards investing in the future success of the Company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain current, working knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions, including payroll and the administrating of benefits, and ensure policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
- Process complex multi-state payroll in a timely, efficient and consistent manner.
- Assist in the administering of benefits programs such as life, health, dental and disability insurances, pension plans, vacation, sick leave, leave of absence, wellness and employee assistance.
- Work collaboratively with benefit providers and consultants to resolve employee issues regarding their use or understanding of their benefits.
- Keep records of benefits plans participation such as insurance and pension plans, personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations, and employee statistics for government reporting.
- Assist with recruiting and pre-screening employees to fill vacant positions.
- Conduct new employee orientations and training to foster positive attitudes towards Company goals.
- Provide guidance to management in interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance reviews, safety, employee relations and other human resources policies, requirements and regulations.
- Maintain employee records and related documentation, both physical and electronic.
- Assists others in navigating human resources programs, including but not limited to: compensation, benefits, leave of absence, training, safety equipment reimbursement, and certification/re-certification programs.
- Minimum of five years of experience in human resources performing generalist duties required.
- Minimum of an associate degree in human resources or directly related course of study required.
- Prior experience with labor relations and administering multi-state payroll preferred.
- PHR preferred.