||Indianapolis, IN, (Northwest Side)
Responsible for recruitment and placement of qualified candidates for assigned areas of responsibility, managing the recruitment cycle, establishing multiple recruiting strategies with multiple resources, while continually exhibiting the core values of the organization.
- Recruits, interviews and selects qualified candidates for open positions. Determines the best recruiting method for filling approved vacancies and takes appropriate action, taking into account the Company’s Affirmative Action goals and diversity initiatives.
- Ensures all internal and external job postings are maintained and up to date. This is a very cyclical environment where hundreds of temporary employees are hired during the summer to meet business demands.
- Develops sourcing strategies for hard to fill positions, identifies issues and develops plans to reduce time to fill.
- Establishes and maintains contacts with referral sources such as professional/trade organizations, colleges, universities, etc. for present and future vacancies.
- Assists with on-boarding process and new hire orientation. Completes required record keeping activities, to include I9 verification and policy acknowledgement forms.
- Compiles, prepares and maintains data sources used in reports pertaining to staffing. Maintains affirmative program records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
- Ensures high HR service levels and assist in facilitating two-way communication among functional areas and human resources.
- Assist in evaluation of department performance according to established goals and objectives. Recommend innovative approaches, policies and procedures to ensure continual improvement in department productivity and service levels.
The duties and responsibilities described above are the essential functions of the job. The qualifications below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- 0 – 2 years’ work experience or equivalent educational experience in Human Resources, Staffing, Organizational Development
- Excellent verbal communication skills. Able to communicate at all levels of the organization. Possesses an interpersonal style emphasizing a partnership with operations and strong relationship building.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and be sensitive to employee needs while balancing the goals of the company.
- Strong verbal, written, analytical and interpersonal skills required. Able to produce sensitive and well written documents that comply with company policy and employment law.
- High degree of confidentiality and a strong personal value system.
- Attention to detail, strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize and work independently
- Basic knowledge of general employment laws, recruitment, EEO/AAP obligations preferred.
- Advance skills using Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Google Doc.
- Previous recruiting experience