||Indianapolis, IN (Downtown)
Our client is seeking a Human Resource Director who will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day delivery of operational and strategic HR activities in the areas of performance management, employee relations, policies and compliance, health and safety, compensation and benefits, training and development, recruitment and organizational development. As a member of the Senior Management Team, this role will develop and coach effective employee relations and act as a resource to management in the continuation of positive employee relations.
- Overseeing and managing the Human Resource department; planning, organizing, and directing all activities of the department.
- Leading organizational effectiveness initiatives such as: Performance Management Program, Talent Development and Succession Planning that will enable the organization to achieve objectives.
- Leading recruitment and selection process for new team members to ensure the attraction and selection of the right capabilities and skills utilizing appropriate hiring tools including job descriptions, posting, pre-screening, testing, interviewing, reference checking, offer preparation and orientation.
- Developing, recommending, and implementing HR guidelines, policies and procedures and updating and maintaining Employee Handbook.
- Partnering with Managers and Directors to update job descriptions as necessary for key positions to obtain benchmark data for new roles/positions.
- Ensuring compliance with all federal, state and local employment laws .
- Partnering with leadership on workforce planning and actions necessary to ensure proper staffing levels.
- Responsibility for compensation, benefits, performance management and safety programs.
- Sourcing, coordinating, tracking and evaluation of training.
- Provide mentoring and development for HR team.
- Maintaining all employee files and documentation. Completing and ensuring accuracy of all paperwork related to Human Resources.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resource management or related field required, PHR or SPHR Certification preferred.
- A minimum of 8 years of related HR experience with at least 4 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Broad generalist background including coaching and counseling, performance management, employee involvement, teambuilding, as well as compensation and benefits desired.
- Thorough knowledge of HR principles and federal/local regulations
- Must have demonstrated success in recruiting and retaining diverse employee talent, including creating and implementing recruitment strategies.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and HRIS software.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- A resourceful & innovative self-starter with the ability to work in a team environment
Demonstrated “can do” attitude and a positive outlook.