|Position Title:||Collections Administrative Assistant (J.O. #1733)|
Temporary business need as a Collections Assistant is primarily responsible for assisting the Collections Specialist with administrative tasks related to bad debts assigned to Collections including the generation of demand letters, the processing of remittance checks, and updating the Collections database.
• Run daily reports from database to generate a daily queue of tasks;
• Import new collection files and generate demand letters;
• Mail letters of explanation to non-compliant insureds;
• Generate second demands for payment;
• Scan and record remittance checks;
• Generate and send paid in full receipts;
• Generate check request for suit requirements;
• Prepare affidavits for signature;
• Update and maintain database as matters progress toward conclusion.
• Work effectively with other teams including underwriting, claims, sales, and legal;
• Maintain strong and effective relationships with internal units;
• Participate in special projects, as requested;
• Provide support to in-house counsel;
• Support the activities of the Legal Department.
• Associates Degree
• Minimum 2 years of administrative experience, experience in a law firm or similar legal environment preferred;
• Ability to handle confidential information with respect and integrity;
• Strong attention to detail;
• Excellent organizational skills;
• Effective time management skills, with ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize projects;
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Excel and Word;
• Dependable attendance history in previous employment.