As a Bookkeeper, you will be asked to prepare tax returns, compilations, and perform other various accounting duties, of moderate difficulty. Hours will be a minimum of 40 hours per week and may increase seasonally or based upon work load. Work will be performed both at customer locations and our offices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide professional level customer service.
- Provide guidance and training on QuickBooks and other similar accounting systems.
- Prepare compiled financial statements for customers in a number of industries.
- Provide accounting write-up and bookkeeping services on site for a variety of organizations throughout Central Indiana.
- Assist customers with cleaning up their accounting records and enhancing their financial departments.
- Analyze customer financial information and develop an ability to identify areas of possible errors made by bookkeepers working directly for our customers.
- Provide ongoing general tax functions for customers including the preparation of monthly sales tax reports and quarterly payroll reports.
- Prepare Business and Individual tax returns utilizing Ultra Tax software package.
- Assist management with other customer special projects.
- Develop various analysis and presentations in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Will be working with a department outside of Accounting as well – personable/communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance
- 2+ years relevant experience
- Higher level accounting person, ideally a Staff/Senior accountant mix.
- Ability to follow procedures put in place by employer
- Strong technical skills blended with ability to effectively communicate with customers.
- Hard working team player who can easily adapt to changing customer needs.
- Must be highly proficient in MS Word, Outlook, Excel and QuickBooks along with having the ability to adapt to other accounting systems.
- Ability to work routine busy season hours.
- Being flexible to work additional hours other parts of the year to meet specific deadlines.
- Fast learning, self-starter with a positive attitude
- Have an ability to work well under pressure and create good customer relationships while dealing with their questions or concerns and ensuring that the appropriate solutions are relayed to them.
- Enjoy a great deal of variety on a daily basis from preparing tax returns in the office to providing accounting services at customer locations (public accounting experience is a plus).